Dokkiri! Japanese Indies Music 1976-1989 A History and Guide
It’s time for you to read this comprehensive background to many Japan undergrounds. When it was conceived, it was to be a history of Kansai music, but Tokyo is well represented as well.
Table of contents
1. Rock Magazine, or, Willing a Scene into Existence
2. Taking it to an Audience in Tokyo, or, Do You Wanna Be My Doggg?
3. Kansai Scene Beginnings, or, We Aren’t Normal and We Want Our Freedom
4. 1979 Explosion, or, It’s the Beginning of the Century
5. Dokkiri! and Other Records, or, Hi, Speed Freaks, Listen In
6. Meanwhile Back in Tokyo, or, Wanna Riot of My Own
7. Oi and Hardcore, or, Punks Not Dead
8. Pure Noise, or, Bad Character, But Great Sound
9. Fun Kalternative, or, I’m Dilletante, I’m Proud
10. Psyche, or, Smell Me Smell My Grandfather
11. None of the Above, or, Wish You are Here